At Orient Market Insight, we do two things: Develop people and do great research.
Many market research firms in Japan bring on freelance moderators as they grow. At Orient Market Insight, we choose to find raw talent and develop it. Why? Because it’s our desire to create a long-term impact on the economy and fill a gap in the marketplace.
Not everyone is cut out to work for Orient Market Insight. But if you are ready to make an impact in your career and have a passion for improving the lives of patients in Japan, we’d like to talk to you. You must be bilingual. While a background in marketing or market research is helpful, it’s not necessary. We will teach you. The only true requirement is that you have a passion for helping people and a desire to learn.
Are you a great communicator, and ready to make an impact?
Do you share our core beliefs?
At Orient Market Insight, these principles guide us daily.
We will create value.
We will exert a transforming influence in the marketplace through excellent market research & consulting services that drive the growth of our clients’ businesses.
We will develop our people.
We will establish a community of leaders within our company through nurturing and coaching of employees, helping them discover, unleash and manifest their true potential. We will be open-minded problem solvers, and understand that we are only as strong as the weakest member of our team.
We will be a testimony of grace.
Our company will serve as an instrument to bless communities in Japan, specifically through people development and projects that will enhance our communities, including:
- Developing under-utilized workers into professional, insightful moderators and researchers.
- Providing employment in the countryside.
- Conducting self-funded market research to support communities’ growth.
Find your joy.
Because work takes up much of our time,we believe it’s crucial to find joy in our work every day.At Orient Market Insight, while we are serious about our work,we take time to laugh, and find delight in the simple things daily,because life is short and joy improves our health and well being.
Does your path lead here?
If you want to explore a career with Orient Market Insight, please review the opportunities below and submit your resume. We’d be delighted to meet you.
Qualitative Market Research Interviewer
Orient Market Insight Co. Ltd. is looking to hire new team members. Please send any recommendations, referrals or resumes (in Japanese [mandatory] and English [if possible]) to Hiro Matsue, President, at Recruit@OrientMarketInsight.com. Interviews (online & face-to-face) will be conducted with those who pass the document screening.
Healthcare Qualitative Market Research Interviewer/Researcher (Entry to Intermediate level)
- Orient Market Insight is a strategic consulting firm based in Kobe, whose mission is to provide high quality qualitative healthcare research, for more effective client decision making in the healthcare sector.
- The essence of market research is to capture customer’s emotions and unspoken perspective behind their behaviors, to better support client’s strategic marketing decisions. The best part of research work is to influence client’s decision making process, as a professional of data and customer insight.
- Our vision is to:
- Provide clients with the “key” (strategic insight) for a better and more effective business decision, through innovative, best-in-class qualitative research in the pharma/healthcare space in Japan
- Create an internal community where our staff can flourish
- Support the local community’s growth through addressing social issues with our market research expertise
- Since the establishment of the company in April 2016, Orient Market Insight has been enjoying continued growth, and to comply with the growing client need, we are looking to to expand our team.
- Orient Market Insight is led by a young business leader, who has a strong passion in delivering unique values in the market as well as developing future leaders who will impact the next generations.
- Overall, candidate’s responsibility is to manage the entire qualitative research project process, including moderation (interview), which is the key value proposition of Orient Market Insight to clients. Candidate is also expected to support doing research related administrative work in projects that other researchers are leading.
- Other responsibilities relating to managing market research are as follows.
- Client communication
- Recruiting research participants (work with external recruiting agencies)
- Discussion Guide / Interview Flow creation
- Fielding (either as moderator/interviewer or researcher)
- Analysis and Reporting
- Project management
- Other miscellaneous tasks
Typical Candidate Profile:
- Previous research and moderation experience is not mandatory, though welcomed. However, the candidate is expected to learn to be able to manage the whole process of basic market research project independently within 6 months since joining the team. Intensive in-house training and coaching will be provided.
- Passion and/or deep interest in market research and healthcare
- Maturity in engaging with people: loves communicating with people, can use proper language such as honorific expression, can spontaneously manage discussion, can comfortably and respectfully talk with people with higher social status such as medical doctors
- Independent worker
- Willing to learn and grow
- Analytical thinking
- Team work/Comfortable/Flexible in working in a small team and changing team dynamics
- IT skills: Computer (Mac, WIN), e-mail, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Language: Mandatory – Japanese (native level), Preferred – English (Business level)
Salary & Work Information:
- Full Time (initially 6 months contract)
- Work Location: Orient Market Insight Kobe Office
- Frequent domestic travel possibly required
- Salary: Proportionate to qualifications and experience
- Transportation: Commuting Fee to/from JR Kobe, Kosoku-Kobe or Minato-Motomachi (Subway), up to 20,000 yen/month
- Bonus: Fixed and performance bonus available since the 2nd year on the job
Orient Market Insight K.K. is a professional market research agency, focusing on the pharmaceutical and healthcare space in Japan, working with global and domestic healthcare firms. Our mission is to provide clients with the “key” (strategic insight) for a better and more effective business decision, through innovative, best-in-class qualitative research in the pharma/healthcare space in Japan.EMAIL US